Skip to main content

Curated Weekly Links (22-28 March)

Last night I deleted two of my previous publications. One was the first WordPress blog that I had started last summer. The other was the much loved and read substack newsletter. Old things have to give way to new ones, with the hope that new ones will be better. 

My 'knowledge project'- which now spans a podcast, this blog, my other legal blog and the sublist broadcast - started with a small Whatsapp group. I started the group in August last year out of boredom and my love to share knowledge. Initially it had some 20-30 odd participants, and it has now grown to have some 200 participants. The scale is tiny when compared to other such communities but it doesn't bother me a lot (a bit, sometimes?). 

The idea behind the group was to send interesting and intriguing articles, videos, podcasts, documentaries etc. Basically anything that would ignite your curiosity. And the range of the material is fairly wide (at least I like to believe so) which is why the name - 'Jack of all knowledge'. I'd rather be a jack of all knowledge than a master of few. 

I'll be posting the links that I share on the group here on a weekly basis. But not all the shared material will make it here for sake of convenience and curation. So if you'd want to access all of the materials, I'd suggest you to join the group. Here's the invite link to the group.

Curated Links 


3. Maximising Soul - Econ4Everyone by Ashish  (I absolutely loved this one) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus on principles, not the routine

We’re a generation of hacks. Or at least people who want to ‘hack’ things. A lot has been written on how to hack the brain and change the way we think about certain things. Even though my initial reaction to anything that’s about life and wellness and starts with ‘How to…’ is to not take it seriously. It’s a mix of the cognizance that most ‘How to’ articles are a sham and exploit the vulnerability of people desperately trying to fix their lives for likes and views, and a broader understanding that when it comes to life and how to better live it – no single approach works alike for two people. Copying someone will almost always lead to failure because what works for person X is dependent on their background conditions (such as education, personality, friends, parents, attitude, habits etc.), and person Y can never get the same results by trying to copy what X did because they cannot replicate the exact same conditions. So two things. First, avoid most stuff that talks about how to make

[Guest Post] - Riddhi's advice to her 18 year old self

A few days back I had written a post in which I outlined five pieces of advice I would like to give to my 18 year old self. In the post I had urged readers to comment with their advice to their 18 y/o selves. Riddhi, a dear friend of mine (and now an ex classmate sadly) was kind enough to write this post outlining what she'd like to tell her 18 year old self. It is filled with deep insights and profound reflections. Beside that I'm also excited because it is the first guest post on the blog! Here's what she wrote - An older, but similar-enough, looking version of myself coming back in time to tell a younger me about the keys to success in all the relevant spheres, would be exactly the kind of fantasy I would entertain and enjoy thoroughly as a Freshman. Of course, the laws of time and space were bent solely so that my older self could come and help me save myself and, in turn, the world. I have a fundamental problem with using the lens that I have procured at this stage in

Why Twitter is the single most important learning tool & how to take the most out of it

NOTE : We don't inhabit a fragmented reality. Nothing around us can be isolated from the catastrophic effects of the pandemic we're witnessing. All further posts on this blog will carry this caveat until there is some reasonable accountability established and substantial actions taken against the state's criminal abdication of responsibility.